Ph: 07 5539 9099
Chris helps clients solve complex problems and minimise their exposure to legal risk.
Chris is a Partner of Collas Moro Ross and leads a team practicing predominantly in Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution.
Whether he is acting for a professional in a complex commercial dispute, or a regular member of the community navigating the most difficult time of their life, Chris strives to meet his client’s and referrer’s expectations to offer no-nonsense, practical, and commercial solutions when they trust him to resolve disputes or other legal issues.
As a small business owner and heavily involved member of his local community, Chris lives in the real-world and understands that the law is only one of the many instruments in a lawyer’s toolset to resolve a conflict. Chris would rather not see a client’s matter move through a process of litigation that is expensive, slow, and confined to legal arguments with no consideration to the real-world consequences
for the parties to the dispute. He aims to take a different approach and provide clients with pragmatic strategies and techniques to avoid or resolve disputes cost-effectively, quickly, and with an eye to preserving commercial or personal relationships wherever possible.
Chris takes pride in being the first port of call for many advisors when their clients are faced with a legal problem. Chris and his team regularly receive referrals from, and act for: other lawyers, company directors, insolvency practitioners, accountants and other finance industry professionals, auctioneers, property developers, business owners, and plenty of everyday regular members of the community.
In this brave age of online lawyers and flexible work arrangements, Chris’s clients and referrers know where they can find him and his team- in the office. Chris and his team are ready, they are working, and they are always available to act as either a sword or a shield in the prosecution or defense of their client’s best interests.
- Master of Laws (Applied Law) majoring in commercial litigation - College of Law
- Bachelor of Laws – Queensland University of Technology
- Solicitor- Supreme Court of Queensland
- Solicitor- High Court of Australia
- Member- Queensland Law Society
- Life Member- Royal National Association
- Member- Churchie Old Boys Association
- Member- Gold Coast Central Chamber of Commerce
- Member- Southport Chamber of Commerce
- Member- Junior Chamber of Commerce
- Member- Young Professionals Gold Coast
- Member- Australian Restructuring and Insolvency Turnaround Association
Community Involvement and Pro Bono
Chris is heavily involved in the local commerce and legal communities, and holds the following memberships in community organisations:
- Vice President and Lifesaver- Mermaid Beach Surf Lifesaving Club
- Management Committee Member and Volunteer Solicitor– My Community Legal
- Volunteer Solicitor- Gold Coast Community Legal Centre
- Management Committee Member- HUB Community Projects (former)
Outside legal practice Chris competes in surfboat rowing and rugby union and is heavily involved within the Mermaid Beach Surf Lifesaving Club.
Chris and his team regularly represent clients across various jurisdictions in matters including:
- Business disputes
- Contract disputes
- Partnership and Corporations disputes
- Property, Commercial Lease and Body Corporate disputes
- Contested Wills and Estates
- Family Law (financial and property)
- Insurance and Compensation claims
- Elder law and Guardianship disputes.